Sunday, September 19, 2010

Reindeer Magic

I found this pattern at a quilting store in Bozeman this summer. My bestest friend inspired the idea when she told me that she likes to buy yarn from each place she visits as a souvenir. I think it's a much better souvenir than a key chain or magnet or something. Then you get to be creative and crafty at home, remembering your trip each time you see the finished project.
I changed the color-scheme a bit, using fabrics I had on hand. (I apparently have a bunch of Christmas fabric.) After I had it together I thought it looked too busy, but I didn't want to make another one. Cutting out those antlers was quite a chore!
So, I added a brown border around the outside then backed it with the same fabric as the center border. I brought the backing fabric around to the front to complete the quilt as an outside border. I also added a piece on the back for a dowel to run through, which will allow the quilt to hang without bunching or sagging.
It turned out very nicely. I can't wait to hang it up at Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I love that! It turned out beautifully. Isn't that the best way to get souvenirs?
    Wanna finish my quilt for me?? Maybe for my Christmas/birthday present?

    ReplyDelete