Friday, September 24, 2010

Live On Stage!

The Cleveland Orchestra season opener was last night and included the Chamber Chorus ensemble for Bach's Mass in F major. The concert was an odd mix of new modern and classical genres. John was able to come with a friend of his and they both seemed to enjoy it. We are performing the same concert again Saturday night at 8pm (EST) which will be broadcast live on the internet at www.wclv.com. Listen in and hear me live on stage!

The concert program:
Takemitsu - Dream/Window
Bach - Mass in F major (BWV233)
DeBussy - Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun
Stravinsky - The Rite of Spring

FYI, the Chorus began rehearsals 10 days ago for this concert. This is one of the most challenging soprano parts I have sung, but also one of the most fun. My first glace at the second movement, I saw only lots of black notes running together. At the dress rehearsal, everything finally came together for us and my voice felt like a violin running over all those notes. It's so fun to be able to do great music with a great orchestra. Even though it's taxing and exhausting, I will miss it when we leave Cleveland.

2 comments:

  1. I missed it! Bah. Is it still online somewhere and available for latecomers' viewing? (she asks hopefully...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the whole thing recorded from the radio if you want it. Send Amanda an email or something and we'll give you an address where you can download it.

    ReplyDelete