Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thoughts of Lily

Lily was rescued from an animal shelter north of Los Angeles, CA. She was around 6 years old when my Aunt found her online. John and I drove about 1-1/2 hrs to get her. When we got there she was an absolute mess, I couldn't even tell that she was a schnauzer! We are fairly sure that she was used as a breeder in a puppy mill. She was so underweight and sad looking. She was very sweet though, as I told Aunt Carol, so she said "Get her!" We brought her home to meet our two beagles. Oddly enough, they were completely fine with her and she soon because the boss of our little pack.

The next day I took her to be groomed. I didn't recognize her when I went to get her. They said she had been snapping at the groomer. I couldn't really blame her as it had been a long time, if ever, since she had been groomed and it probably hurt a lot.

Her is a purty girl! Here she is being bossy, demanding all the attention:

She didn't know it yet, but this was just the first stop on her journey. I am on the phone with Aunt Carol telling all about what a good girl she is. About a week after we brought her home she got to meet her Mom.

After going to Disneyland and other various LA experiences, we made the long trip to MT. Daisy and Tony went along, too, to keep her company. I'm sure she had no idea what was going on! But then she met Papa and all was right with the world, nothing really matters after that (especially if you're a dog!).

She spent her time going back and forth between Aunt Carol's house in Sidney and Grandma and Papa's house in Billings, MT. She has been a great companion for all of them.

A few months ago she was diagnosed with cancer. Last week she went to Heaven. She will join Velvet, Rex, Annie, Sophie, and Miss Finch at Papa's property outside of Roundup, MT. She will be in good company, though they all are sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment